Thursday 7 April 2011

Microblogging

This could be the answer for everyone who doesn't have time for macroblogging (is that the right term - spell check doesn't like it, pah, it makes sense to me so I'm using it).  Most of my 'prior conceptions' about microblogging (oh, spell check doesn't like microblogging either - I feel vindicated) has been formed by various media reports of which celebrity is saying what. So I've had the impression it's a bit pointless and inane - this has been backed up (in a very social constructivist manner) by the opinions of my family and peers. However, I've signed up to twitter (and this really went against the grain) and I've followed some of the links - wow! Lo and behold I found some stuff I really liked and was interested in (conceptual change in action). I particularly liked an article in the Huffington Post about 'Innovation' in schools, it reminded me of Trudy's capstone talk about the importance of creativity in education and all the stuff we did last year about 'teaching to the test'.
Now, it's taken me a whole paragraph and I'm not telling you how long, but more than half an hour, to say all that and Sir Ken Robinson did it in 2 (rather short) sentences on twitter  - he's obviously a lot busier than I am (and more techno-savvy)....

P.S. I had lots of fun learning how to add hyperlinks

3 comments:

  1. So are you going to tell us exactly HOW Ken Robinson put all this in his two sentences on Twitter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I suppose Sir Ken Robinson didn't technically say all that (bloggers licence in action). But his implicit invitation to share information PLUS the information said quite a lot of it....

    Ooh - now you've made it hard, Mark!

    If I try to break it down further (and I'm trying to be succint):- It's the implicit invitation + key words + my individual connection + the information leads to - my individual interpretation + me trying to be too clever = the original post

    ReplyDelete